Hevo can load data from any of your pipelines into a PostgreSQL database. In this document, we will walk through the steps to add PostgreSQL as a destination.
1. Add Destination
A destination can either be added while creating a pipeline or by heading to DESTINATIONS tab on the left navigation and clicking on ADD DESTINATION button.
2. Select destination type
In the right pane, click on Select Destination Type drop-down and select Postgres.
3. Provide connection details
- Destination Name: A unique name for this destination.
- Database Host: PostgreSQL host's IP address or DNS.
- Database Port: The port on which your PostgreSQL server is listening for connections (default is 5432).
- Database User: A user with a non-administrative role of the PostgreSQL database.
- Database Password: Password of the user.
- Database Name: Name of the destination database where data will be dumped.
- If you want Hevo to connect with destination using an SSH server, check How to Connect through SSH. Else, you will have to whitelist Hevo's IP addresses for the database port which will be highlighted on the screen, For eg. in this case you will have to whitelist following IP addresses:
4. Test connection
After filling the details, click on Test Connection button to test connectivity to the destination Postgres server.
5. Save connection
Once the test is successful, save the connection by clicking on Save Destination.